1. Saying ‘no’ last week gave me the extra umph I needed to take off in another, more important direction (to wit: number two).
2. I’ve rediscovered my writing momentum! I’m not at cruising altitude yet, but I’m feeling more free to move about the cabin. I finished writing a new chapter this week, and (mixed metaphor alert) while I still need to sandpaper the rough edges and apply a glossy topcoat, I like the overall shape.
3. Yesterday I astonished myself: I actually flipped somebody off! I’ve only done that once before in my life, but whoa, I let that bird fly like a pro. I was headed home from my yoga class, Om Shanti Hee still echoing in my head. (If I’m not mistaken, that’s a chant for peace. The irony, it burns.) I’m thinking I should go to yoga again today, to detach from the fact that I did it. Although…if anyone deserves the middle finger salute, Mr. Menacing Guy in the tricked-out Mercedes, YOU definitely do.
4. A gallon of regular has soared to an astronomical $4.64 at our neighborhood gas station.
5. Like many tent evangelists of his day, my father often talked about The Rapture. (In a nutshell: Christians fly away to Glory; and there’s much weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth by those who get left behind). If you’ve ever been tempted to make flight plans (just in case!), you might find this article interesting, albeit a little irreverent.