- Congratulations, Sherwood Smith (Sartorias), you won an autographed copy of SAY THE WORD! Let me know how to reach you by email, and we’ll get that sent out to you right away.
- Wheeee! Cynthia Lietich Smith (Cynsations) included my interview with R.A. Nelson in her weekly blog round-up! Thanks, Cyn–I feel like one of the Cool Kids on the playground.
- One of Russ’s Lightning Round answers opened up a huge debate on Facebook. The Dark Knight or The Dude: which would you choose?
- Edith Cohn turned in a thoughtful, heartfelt blog entry about Goodreads yesterday (“Why All My Books Get Five Stars”). Good on you, Edith, for opening up this dialogue!
I don’t often review books, but when I do, I measure my words against the Golden Rule. Authentic relationships—including our connections to others within the writing community—depend on our willingness to communicate from our center, and to encourage others to do the same. But there’s a caveat, isn’t there? When you inflict injury upon another (regardless of intention) you harm yourself, as well. So while I’m not one to sprinkle gold stars over my entire library, I do make book recommendations now and then, always keeping in mind the wisdom my Nana passed down to me: If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all. Text and subtext—sometimes you have to read between the lines.
- I’m drawing a blank here, so how ’bout I open up the floor to you? What’s on your mind today, and what are your plans for the weekend?