So much about the publishing world is a mystery, isn’t it? Just for fun, I’ve asked five “experts” to predict my writerly fortunes.
1. Will I make my debut book sale before I’m old enough to schedule my first colonoscopy?
Magic 8-Ball: Ask again later.
2. Will my dream agent and I form a partnership by the end of this month?
Fortune cookie: If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
3. How about a sneak preview of my first book review?
Bible Dipping: There the wicked cease from raging, and here the weary are at rest. Job 3:17
4. Is there anything I can do today to increase my chances of publication?
The Ace of Wands Tarot card: Your power today lies in initiation. You are a winner by virtue of your desire, belief, vision, and intention. You bring fresh inspiration into the world and are master of your domain. Your solution is found in creative transformation and you are empowered by your spark of life.
5. Any words of advice for me as I write this next chapter?
Scorpio’s horoscope: Your day is a bigger challenge than you may be used to, but of course you can rise up to meet it with relative ease. Try not to get too cocky about it, but make sure the right people know you’re still in the game.