Photography: Latin for "writing with light."
~FLASH BURNOUT, by L.K. Madigan
Angel Birdbath: backyard photo by LK Madigan
Don’t you just love how friends join hands in troubled times…how, even when our own lives are touched by shadows, we find Light when we’re together?
We share a common link of friendship, one that connects each of us to to L.K. Madigan. Our friendship is steeped in joy, in gratitude…and now, a tinge of sadness. But we’ve found a way to stand together in light: A book of love for Lisa, written and illustrated by her friends.
Lisa loves photography, as evidenced by her award-winning novel, FLASH BURNOUT, and the lovely images she posts to her blog. She’s forever encouraging us to look at the world through different lenses. So we’re compiling an album for her: one that demonstrates the many ways we’ve learned that lesson. First and foremost, it’ll include her friends’ photographs–pictures that symbolize all the ways are lives have been (and continue to be) touched by Lisa’s. And of course, there will be room for your poems, personal anecdotes, and illustrations.
Be aware that we’re working on a tight timeline: the submission deadline is this Friday (1/21), 8:00 p.m Eastern. If you’d like to participate, here are the project particulars.
· Email your contribution to Tiffany Trent, with a cc to Melodye Shore
<tiffanytrent AT @ msn DOT com> and <newport2newport AT gmail DOT com>
· Use this subject line: "For Lisa"
· Be sure your project is included as an attachment! (High-resolution jpg files, PDF and/or .doc files are acceptable.)
· In the body of your email, please include your name and how you’d like to be credited (i.e., first and last name, first name and last initial, initials only, anonymous, or…?)
· Briefly explain the story behind/significance of your photo (optional)
· You must also include this statement in the body of your email message: By emailing this submission, I’ve certified that I own sole copyright of the attached photographic image(s) and/or written materials. I’ve also granted permission for my work to be included in an album, as well as other tributes (print and electronic/online).
Over this next weekend, Tiffany will assemble the album, which will be sent to Lisa via FedEx next Monday (1/24).
Share the love, spread the word! Please feel free to cross-post this to your blog, or to help spread the word via Facebook and Twitter. Be careful not to include Lisa in your messages or postings—we’d like this to be a surprise!
NOTE: The 2009 Debutantes are hosting a give-away contest, featuring L. K. Madigan’s books. It’s another way to show our love and support for Lisa, so be sure to stop by.