A. Donna, our Southern belle, selected the prize winner for our King Cake celebration.
you got the baby!
You know what that means…It’s your turn to host a party! You also won another special prize: Choose any book being released in 2009 by an author on my LJ friends list, and I’ll pre-order it for you on Amazon. Please email your selection (and your address) to me at newport2newport AT gmail DOT com.
1) Protest songs. Speaking truth to power is a wonderful act of bravery. And when it’s set to music? Extra goodness.
2) Gospel music. No offense, but I’m not talking about sedate music that’s projected on giant screens and sung by arena-sized congregations. I much prefer the bone-rattling, tambourine-shaking, soul-stirring music you’d find in old-time hymnals, as sung in back-roads churches.
3) Flower gardens (and less so, gardening).
4) Pictures of my family and friends.
6. Surprises ("happies," as they say in the South).
7. Books. Enough said, right?
C. What makes you happy? Enquiring minds want to know…
Edited to add: If you have HBO, would you be willing to send me a recording of The Trials of Ted Haggard? I’m not a subscriber, but I’d sure like to see how the former evangelist is portrayed in this documentary.