As you’ve no doubt read by now, this award implies a few responsibilities:
1. Thank and link to the person(s) who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to five blogging buddies.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
I’m going to bend a couple of the rules, ’cause ha!, I’m a trend-setter, donchaknow.
Without further ado, here’s
seven five random facts about moi:
- I own a Christmas Sweater. Yes oh yes: one of those hand-knit, three-dimensional tops, circa 1980s, that threads all of the season’s magic—glittery stars, prancing reindeer, and a decked-out Christmas tree–into festive holiday attire.
WhimsicalTacky as it is, l can’t bring myself to toss it.
- Quirk #98,484: I get very uneasy when my back’s to the door.
- I excelled in Vacation Bible School. J
- We took my in-laws on our honeymoon to Paris. “Wha–?” you might
incredulouslyreasonably ask. To my mind, the answer’s fairly straightforward: They were rapidly approaching their late 80s, and increasingly feeble. And though they’re world travelers, post-9/11 regulations made it too challenging for them to navigate airports on their own. So I thought, Hey, let’s bring ‘em along–it’ll give them an opportunity to visit cherished relatives (and favorite landmarks), perhaps for the last time ever. My husband agreed, bless his ever-lovin’ heart! Not your typical get-away, but it was a happy experience, nonetheless. And we’re honeymooning in Europe again this fall– just the two of us this time.
- I love hymnals–timeless music, set to print, and the rituals of which they speak. I like the way they smell: moldering paper, mingled with sweaty palms and sweet perfume. Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer them to their modern-day counterparts (PowerPointed lyrics, scrolling across a sterile, pull-down screen).
You’re stylish, too, my friends, by virtue of the fact that you face the world head-on, day after day after day. So if you haven’t yet been tagged, consider this your cue!