- I knew Timothy Leary personally. One piece of evidence: I own an autographed copy of his last book, Flashbacks, in which he inscribed the words, “To my buddy, Melodye…” (The rest of his message is private.)
- I tutored Tito Jackson’s young son, and I also tutored one of John DeLorean‘s children. Matter of fact, I think DeLorean’s former wife, model-cum-talk-show-host Cristina Ferrare, still owes me $25.00.
- A while back I taught at “Gangs ‘r Us” junior high school, in a crime-infested part of the San Fernando Valley. In a hurry to make it to homeroom one morning, I locked my keys in my car, along with my purse. Quick thinker that I am, I hosted an impromptu, “How fast can you break into my Camry?” contest in the parking lot. Faster than you can say “chop shop,” several students stepped forward with contraptions designed just for that purpose. Two seconds from approach to entry, by the way, was the record.
- Like lizzy_lyn, I’ve never gotten a traffic ticket. Not that I haven’t bent and broken the law, understand me: I’ve just managed to avoid being caught.
- In 1994, I witnessed firsthand an historic address to the joint session of Congress and the signing of a peace agreement between Jordan‘s King Hussein and Israel’s Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin.
What secrets are you keeping from us? C’mon, kibileri papadan and all the rest of you out there in LJ Land, it’s your turn to dish!
The fine print: Each participant shares five little-known facts about themselves. Those tagged are asked to do the same as well as reiterate this guideline. Each select five folks to be tagged and list their names. (Leave a comment letting them know that you’ve tagged them and that they may see your blog as an example.)